Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Crisis? Which Crisis?

(As if we needed another one, I know…).

I read this list of stories at Yahoo News and found myself struck dumb.

Sorry, I don’t really have anything to say here except to point out how the world (to say nothing of our country) has spiraled out of control in the extreme under Bushco and the Repug congress (note that two of the five stories mention a crisis of one type or another).

And as all of this is going on, Dubya STILL plans to “stay the course” and not hold talks with Iran or North Korea (even denying the existence of a nuclear test by North Korea), while the Army plans to extend our troop presence until 2010.

Notwithstanding Dubya (who we're stuck with, at least for the time being), vote the rest of these self-serving, responsibility-denying, lying, insulated, deceitful hypocrites out of office for good on November 7th!

(By the way, that is kinder language than I’d originally planned to use – trying to watch that as always.)

Update: I'm late with this, I know...didn't full-of-himself entertainment writer Ken Tucker say that, "oh no, this isn't like the '60s...there are no street protests"?

2 comments:

profmarcus said...

i feel like a broken record, but the proliferation of crises and the extraordinary instability that characterizes the current global situation is nothing more and nothing less than an agenda that is working totally to plan for the bush administration... you can't wage endless war and continue to accrue vast amounts of power and money if peace suddenly breaks out... the notion that bush and his cohorts are interested in the safety and security of american citizens is a complete and total myth... we insist on placing the label of failure on this crowd and it's an utter misrepresentation of the incredible successes they've racked up in less than six short years... of COURSE it feels better to see them as failures and incompetents, but when the curtain is finally pulled back, we're all going to be astounded at what we see...

doomsy said...

I definitely see your point, though I've been "astounded" enough by these cretins during their hellish reign enough to satisfy my entire lifetime (and I'm sure the "success" for themselves is just about beyond my imagination).

Also, regarding the opinion and actual reality that these people are incompetent (certainly when it comes to looking out for us as you so correctly note, which has NEVER been a priority for them, a fact never to be acknowledged by our corporate media), I should say that there was a time when I once laughed at Bush's stupidity, Rumsfeld's arrogance, Cheney's total aversion to the truth and Rice's glowering stare that she seems to be able to conjur up almost immediately. I now find absolutely nothing amusing about these life forms anymore (I think the torture bill is what did it).

Even if I weren't PO'ed at Bill Maher for totally ignorning the "finger" episode with Hitchens (apparently, "Snitchens" has "a problem with the grape," shall we say, and maybe that explains his behavior that night), I still can't laugh at anything these people do anymore. They have wrought nothing but destruction.

Beyond that, I'll keep my opinion to myself for now - thanks for your thoughts.