Monday, October 10, 2005

When Dubya Doesn't Get His Way

This came from Atrios, who apparently got it from Steve Gilliard (an interesting episode with a reporter standing up to President 37 Percent Mandate…of course, it was someone not from the U.S. Press).

I’m not going to try and dissect all of the misinformation and outright lies that Dubya came up with in the Coleman interview, but I am going to focus on one (which apparently is one of this week’s approved “talking points” which are supposed to be properly digested without question by our pliant media).

Dubya said, “I’m the first president to call for a Palestinian state.”

This is lawyerly semantics. The foundation for what could be a Palestinian state (I’m done with holding my breath awaiting a solution for the Mideast, by the way, especially with more of our people getting killed in Iraq) was already laid out on the basis of work performed by…guess who?

(One more thing...I'm sick and tired of listening to Dubya and his fellow intolerant fundamentalist "Christians" talking about religion. I've said this before and I'll probably say it a hundred more times; the actions of these people have no basis in any religion that I was ever taught or exposed to in my life.)

No comments: