Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fred Has No "Cred"

More local PA politics closer to home...

Steve Santarsiero is a Lower Makefield Township, Bucks County, PA supervisor, and he was elected as a Democrat to the board two years ago as a Democrat, and believe me when I tell you that that is RARE for this area. Steve ran about as smart a campaign as he could and he had some big "wedge" issues on his side to get a big Democratic vote and enough of a Republican vote to defeat incumbent supervisor Wes Hackman.

Steve wrote a great column today supporting fellow Democrats Ron Smith and Greg Caiola for Lower Makefield Township supervisors, but because of some really awful problems with "phillyburbs.com," I can't link to his column (the site has problems generally). I will try to find the link again soon.

Related to this, I reproduced a letter to the Courier Times at this site from Matthew Bulger a short time ago in which he took aim at Fred Allan, who is running for supervisor as a Repug (along with Dobby Dobson, who used a campaign contribution for some redesign work on his shore home according to Gary Cruzan, another independent supervisor candidate). Dobson and Allan's huge, obnoxious blue billboards are back once more on Edgewood Rd. to pollute the landscape after they were removed following the primary last May.

Well, Allan wrote a column today in the Courier Times as a response to Bulger (who is Ron and Greg's campaign treasurer), and if you can take Allan at his word (and as far as I'm concerned, you can't), he was the parks and recreation king of Lower Makefield Township. He planned, signed off, and moved for one type of resolution or another in these areas, serving as a liaison here, proposed an ad hoc committee there, etc. All of this is commendable if true, though I know he's also tried to float rumors that Ron and Greg are going to have the large open tract at the Patterson farm at 332 and Mirror Lake zoned for commercial development, which is a lie (each side says the other will do it, to be fair, though).

(I got a kick out of Allan noting that he "oversaw the building of the girls' snack bar/restroom facilities so our young ladies have a place to go and do something positive." In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "what a maroon!" I'm sure our "young ladies" will remember that on Election Day, Fred.)

However, I should point out something about Allan. During the primary last year when Dobson and Allan defeated incumbent Lower Makefield supervisor Frank Fazzalore, Allan had a flyer circulated which in effect stated that he had worked closely with Jim McCaffrey of McCaffrey's Supermarket to support all manner of township development. This was a lie. Frank Fazzalore did much more than Allan ever will or could do with Jim McCaffrey in this regard, and Allan won in part by totally undercutting Fazzalore.

(Ordinarily, I don't care much about what Repugs do to each other, but Mr. Fazzalore is a fine man to whom this township owes a debt, which is a lot more than ever could be said for Allan.)

This is typical Repug garbage, though there is a very real possibility that this may play in an area which is heavily Republican as this one is. The best way we can make sure it doesn't (to any Lower Makefield voters who may be reading this) is to vote for Ron Smith and Greg Caiola on November 8th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doomsy this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: Fred Has No . It pulled me right out of my researching on french kissing technique products and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job doomsy. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with french kissing technique stuff for now. Have a good day doomsy.

Anonymous said...

Hi there doomsy,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments on this post: Fred Has No . I found you when I was out looking for the latest info about kissing tips products, and even though this doesn't relate to kissing tips, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.