Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday Roundup

I’m trying to catch up a bit on this – it sounds like former U.S. Marine Paul Hackett is getting a bad time from the Repug attack dogs in his campaign to run for the 2nd U.S. Congressional District seat in Ohio (cowardly scum all for attacking one of our service people in particular). It’s nice that the Cincinnati Post has endorsed Hackett, though (counts for something, I guess).

More Repug garbage (from the Air America site)…it sounds like Joe Conason has found out that Pat Roberts, Repug chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee (from Kansas, where they are de-evolving even as I type this) is going to hold hearings on Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the Valerie Plame case, alleging prosecutorial misconduct (gee, funny thing…I don’t recall, in any of my civics classes growing up, any discussion telling me that this is how our government is supposed to work).

The Daily Kos reports on a Pittsburgh-area nun standing up to Scumbag Santorum (go get ‘em, s’ter!), along with declining popularity ratings for Dubya and also declining numbers for our volunteer army (a shame and a cause for concern regarding the army, but really a surprise?)

Also, go to David Sirota’s blog to find out how to contact your politicians and tell them to vote against CAFTA. I just called Fitzpatrick’s office and was greeted by a prompt and courteous aide who took my call, and the same is true for Specter – great classical “hold” music also. I don’t even bother when it comes to Mr. “It Takes A Family” (and way to come up with a thinly-veiled ripoff of Hillary Clinton’s book title and Maya Angelou also, by the way).

No comments: