“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Friday, August 28, 2026
Friday Stuff
This is your occasional reminder that our PA-01 Repug U.S. House Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick still refuses to stick his head out of the sand and agree to debate Dem challenger Bob Harvie.
To begin, John and David Shuster bring us more nonsense from Big Hair Blackburn in Tennessee; it seems that she wants to hold onto her U.S. Senate seat until she likely wins the governor’s election (love to be wrong, but I’m probably not), so SHE gets to name her replacement, not the current Repug governor Bill Lee...a truly cosmic level of entitlement here...I mean, at least in Kentucky (where “Weekend at Bernie’s” McConnell allegedly still resides in this dimension), Gov. Andy Beshear is a Dem, so there’s at least SOME twisted logic going on with that, but Blackburn’s stunt turns the corruption meter to 11, you might say...and oh yeah, another actual, for-real election notwithstanding this nonsense would be 2030...I didn’t realize the Trumpian level of extortion going on here from Mad Marsha, but kudos to Shuster for pointing that out...
...and I thought this was an interesting report from CBS News and Aaron MacLean about why the Army is apparently turning its back on drone warfare...reading between the lines a bit, I think we got our heads metaphorically handed to us on this by Ukraine when we participated in exercises with that nation, so our “Department of WOOOAAARRR” decided, in a fit of pique, to overturn the checkboard in a huff, pick up its toys and go home...not sure how this snuck by Bari Weiss because you can be sure she would have made this sound as flattering to our ruling regime as possible...
...and Robert Reich gives us more details on the reason for high electricity bills (and it’s not just data centers)...private utility companies apparently have to rely on venture capital to build up their infrastructure – I’m old enough to remember that governmental budgets would take care of stuff like this instead of these financial vultures trying to pick us apart...utilities are supposed to submit to tight regulation to keep from price gouging, with rates set by a public utility commission (good luck with that I know)...private utilities demanded a total of $31 billion in rate increases in ’25...good idea to have a federal law banning public utilities from using ratepayer dough for political activities (again, good luck with that – not surprised to hear that we HAD a law against that that was repealed under Dubya)...another good reason here to have utility commissioners appointed rather than elected (should be the other way around I know) because of corruption to curry political favors for those running for these positions...good idea to cap utility profits and ban them from using customer dough for political activities again... as we learn, a bill tied to this in Connecticut has saved customers about $10 million...more on the Lowering Utility Bills Act is here...
...and Belle tells us more about Cantaloupe Capone threatening to tear down the Kennedy Center (and don’t expect to hear a peep out of Bri-Fi on THAT either...I know I had a reference to this in that Lawrence O’Donnell clip yesterday)...you know what my answer is? GOOD. DISPLAY TO THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD WHAT A MENTAL PATIENT THIS GUY TRULY IS!!! And oh...now this lunatic thinks he’s an architect who can determine when a building is “structurally unsound”? Is that what I’m hearing now?...On top of that, I hadn’t paid much attention to Don The Con trying to slap his name on that carrier and ban the Navy from naming it after the more deserving African American service member (here), not because it isn’t outrageous also, but only because I have only so much time and so many hours in the day to opine on this stuff... I think commenting on all of this madness is dragging Belle down a bit – it would for me anyway – but good for her to keep going (and she doesn’t hold back at the end, nor should she)...
...and Steve Harness of Really American tells us more on Bronzer Beelzebub hated on in plenty of places here and around the world, including a sculpture of him in a trash bin in Ireland (he’s scheduled to fly there for another damn golf outing on September 12)... that piece of art from Iran looks like that Nirvana album cover, though I’m sure they could care less about copyright infringement...and with all due respect to the good people in Iowa, you made your Trumpist bed (and you’ve voted for awful Republicans for years), so go lie in it...and a negative approval rating in 47 out of 50 states for Cheetoh Hitler? It’s not like people weren’t warned (surprised by 3 that are actually positive; can’t imagine what drugs they’re taking...briefly NSFW/H)...
...and I haven’t included a clip from The Lincoln Project for a little while, but I thought this was pretty spot-on; we’re living with the awful reality I know and don’t need much of a reminder, but I still think the reminders are important from time to time...
...and RIP Tim Curry – I realize this clip is about both Curry and Eddie Murphy, which is fine (I just was never into “Rocky Horror,” but I thought Curry was great in the “Muppet Treasure Island” flick – just a matter of preference I know...I also saw him in an arty movie called "The Ploughman's Lunch" years ago, which was different to say the least)...
...and RIP also Janie Bradford, who was also a co-writer on Motown’s first hit by Barrett Strong, covered by The Beatles, among others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment