Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday Stuff

Kyle Kulinski tells us about Kamala Harris getting a post-debate bounce in the polls...and by the way, don’t include me as one of the people who said that Biden got “shellacked” during the first debate; yes, he came across as a doddering old man, which was bad, but I have yet to hear a criticism OVER ANYTHING HE ACTUALLY FREAKING SAID!!! DID ANYBODY PAY ATTENTION TO THAT???!!! And yes, Biden being “pushed aside” says it (Kyle corrected himself, but he was right), and Biden’s exit is the main reason why I’ve barely looked at the “old gray lady” for a while, especially for the political coverage and the columnists...Biden stepping down for Harris was, in essence, a positive development, but I’m still PO’ed about the way #46 was shoved out of the way after the first debate...



...and I thought this ad from The Lincoln Project captured the utter horror and shock in 2016 upon finding out the presidential election result...should redouble our efforts to ensure that that NEVER happens again (and yes, I heard about this, and I have no comment except the obvious, which is to say that violence in any form is wrong)...



...and Thom Hartmann gives us more on the real horror of the presidency of Our Ochre Abomination...and believe it or not, I’m sure there is more stuff not listed here...



...and echoing the cartoon a bit, Jesse Dollemore tells us about bomb threats shutting down Springfield, Ohio, while Combover Caligula and his “mini me” fan the flames with their hateful rhetoric and propaganda about immigrants eating dogs or some such insanity (more here, here and here...and oh yeah, we can't forget this either...and an important and thoroughly unsurprising update is here)...



...and every once in a while, I try to change up things a bit here, so I’m presenting the following item...I saw this, and I couldn’t help but think of this scene from “Bull Durham”...



...and RIP bassist Herbie Flowers; he sat in on a bunch of hits, though he’ll likely be remembered for his playing on this tune from Lou Reed more than any other in his discography.

No comments: