Saturday, November 06, 2021

Saturday Stuff


(I think the “corporate stuff” bill was passed last night – and kudos to “the squad” for this – but the “stuff that actually matters” bill is still pending...we’ll see - someday I hope...).

This Lincoln Project ad tells us how to fight back against The Roger Ailes BS Factory (more here)...



...and speaking of Build Back Better (and again, wouldn’t it be nice if it were to, y’know, ACTUALLY PASS AND GET SIGNED INTO LAW AT LONG FREAKING LAST!), Brian Tyler Cohen tells us about a recent U.S. House floor speech by Dem Rep Tim Ryan of Ohio, running for the U.S. Senate (and to help Ryan – and I agree with Cohen that Ryan deserves it – click here)...



...and this may be the best video on wealth inequality in this country that Robert Reich has ever done...



...and yet another interesting Second Thought video asks if the “American Century” is coming to an end (as a bit of an aside, I was wondering how long it was going to take for the U.S. to acknowledge China’s “Belt and Road Initiative,” which we ignore at our peril IMO)...



...and Sam and Emma of TMR tell us about CNN attacking progressives over McAuliffe’s loss in VA, because of course they do...and by the way, one way this race was different from NJ gov is that the Murphy contest was close only because Dem turnout utterly sucked, for some reason...64 percent paled in response to the turnout from the other side, which definitely needs to be looked at – if that gets replayed next year across the country, it will be electoral carnage for Dems...and I have a feeling Manchinema is partly to blame for that...good point by Matt about “managing” democracy instead of cultivating it...I never thought I’d agree with an operative for Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao either, but I have a feeling that his take is correct...



...and I guess I should have included this tune yesterday (harking back to this), but better late than never I guess.

No comments: