Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday Stuff


This clip from Meidas Touch is particularly relevant IMO given the claims from the “party of Lincoln” about “backing the blue”...sure, just as long as they’re breaking the law along with you, right?...



...oh, and I know this will come as a complete and total shock, but Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao opposes a bipartisan congressional 1/6 commission, blocking something he apparently had agreed to previously...yep, #MoscowMitch is doing what he absolutely does best, and that is to obstruct (mildly NSFW/H)...



...and I admit that I haven’t had many segments with Kyle Kulinski lately because, to be perfectly honest, I’ve had a lot of issues with his “takes” on particular subjects, and I do so again here – yeah, Smerky’s headline on CNN about Americans supposedly not valuing a work ethic any more is typical centrist corporate media garbage, and trying to justify that by quoting Daniel Henninger of the Murdoch Street Journal, of all people, is disingenuous beyond words, but I also think Kyle’s take here that people are avoiding work because of unemployment compensation of one form or another or wanting to do something else is wrong and disappointing in that he apparently didn’t do any research into what exactly is going on...if I read ONE MORE BLOODY “SKY IS FALLING” TAKE ABOUT THE APRIL JOBS REPORT, I’M GOING TO FREAKING SCREAM!!! WE NEED MORE DATA – LET’S CHECK THE MAY NUMBERS, OK??!!...actually, if you want to look at some “cross tabs,” if you will, on what’s going on, I think this link to Pew Research is informative...basically, jobs related to leisure and hospitality got hammered along with other low-wage industries, and people who work those jobs are primarily low wage white and minority women who also frequently have to deal with child care issues...also, if the available labor pool shrinks (maybe – oh, I don’t know -because those would-be workers are RECOVERING FROM FREAKING COVID OR DON’T WANT TO GET SICK AT THEIR OLD JOB!), then the cost of available labor goes up and those businesses don’t want to adjust salaries accordingly; hell, I’m definitely not a Wharton graduate, and EVEN I KNOW THAT!!...



...and this CBC report gives us the latest on Texas’s anti-abortion law (that photo-op of Greg Abbott with his Republican cohorts and that sanctimonious, ridiculous speech of his made me was to vomit; I think it’s a good idea to see how this story is covered internationally, since our bought-and-paid-for fourth estate is going to break it down with the typical lack of depth and substance for which they’re already notorious...and yeah, I think this says it)...



...and Sam, Emma and Brandon Sutton give us their take on D.A. Larry Krasner’s victory in the Philadelphia Dem primary; I’m glad to see Sam push back on all of the manufactured media BS...lots of good commentary, but I have to say that the Majority Report videos just run too damn long generally, with frequent U-turns in the discussion that are off-topic as far as I’m concerned...part of the reason I’m including this is because Chris Hayes recently had a well-done feature on Krasner’s win, but for some reason the video isn’t available online – for whatever my take is worth on these things, suburban conservatives and sympathetic media, most notably the Inquirer, wanted the contest with Carlos Vega to be more competitive than it turned out to be and that DEFINITELY played out in how it was covered (got almost as tired of hearing about how the cops were mad at Krasner as I did about finding “Trump voter in Trump country” stories), but Krasner turned out to be more shrewd politically than anyone realized, even though I’m sure that won’t be a part of the ongoing media coverage on this (I’ve gone back and forth on Krasner and MOVE mainly because it’s hard for me to have sympathy for that motley collection of bipeds, even though that will NEVER justify what happened on 5/13/85, particularly to the kids, and Krasner most definitely isn’t doing anything to help Mumia Abu-Jamal, which is the right call for a number of reasons...oh, and of course, “centrist” Dem and former Philly mayor and PA governor Ed Rendell weighed in for Vega – Rendell ceased to be relevant once he started shilling for the “catfood commission” of Pete Peterson...to be honest, I'm more concerned about those two garbage ballot questions to limit the PA Governor that passed than I am about Krasner)...



...and while the cease fire between Israel and Palestine cannot help but be a good thing, Omar Baddar, a policy adviser with the Arab American Institute, tells us that that DEFINITELY won’t be enough by itself to solve the crisis...



...and Rachel Maddow tells us that the WaPo’s Carol Leonnig has apparently written a jaw-dropping new book on the Secret Service with many mind-blowing revelations, including reporting on the Trump gang basically doing the nasty with some of those tasked to protect them (eeeewwwww!)...



...and did you know that yesterday was World Bee Day? Neither did I – learn something new all the time I guess.

No comments: