Monday, July 08, 2019

Monday Stuff


It appears that Fix Noise wasn’t able to “control the narrative,” you might say, on the occasion of the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team winning yet another World Cup – kudos; Brian Tyler Cohen gives us his analysis…



…and Kyle tells us about Ro Khanna standing tall once again against Maria Bartiromo and her typical wingnut talking points against Bernie Sanders; I have to admit that the pro-Bernie folks are apt to overdo it at times as far as I’m concerned, but it kind of cracks me up a bit that he’s the only one of the current field who ran in ’16, which makes him the contender by default by my estimation, but all I keep hearing about from our corporate media is Biden and MAYOR PETE! – “oh, and by the way, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris (both worthy IMHO) are tied for third”…



…and I give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less) from 7/5/12; given that Dem state senator Katie Muth of our beloved commonwealth recently went viral reading the letter from constituent John Boyd who was able to work his way back from poverty (and reading it over that fathead Jake Corman who continually tried to yell over her), I thought it would be a good idea to revisit this clip from columnist Gil Smart, very much in a similar vein (and I was sorry to hear about this – hope Smart is OK).

(And by the way, I think it’s worth it to mention for about the thousandth time or so, that, to be honest, the example of Boyd is something that you would think Repugs would be happy about because it shows someone trying to be self-sufficient…I mean, you would think so, except for the fact that the Repugs just want to punish anyone who likely won’t vote for them of course, along with the fact that they HATE IT when government does anything constructive at all.)…



…and I also have to admit that I didn’t think Bruce with a pedal steel guitar would work for me, but it does.

No comments: