Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday Stuff


Thom Hartmann gives us a bit of a lesson in semantics, though I think what’s he’s talking about is the meaning of the words “freedom” and “liberty” for most people, as opposed to the Kochs and the one percent (interesting parallel between Warren Harding and a certain Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Lying Orange Traitor I would say)…



…and Sam Seder and the “Majority Report” crew tell us about the wingnut response to the recent gun carnage in New Zealand (here)…I can’t imagine what the hell “Redland Strategies” is, and believe me when I tell you that I don’t care…what a bunch of bullpuckey this guy is pitching, and I don’t mean Sam of course – and I’d sooner expect intelligent political commentary from a slug than I would from Candace Owens, though I’ll admit that there is an intellectual equivalency between the two (and yeah, “disgusting” is one word that surely comes to mind…and the New Zealand PM is putting us to shame with this as far as I’m concerned…good for her - and I think EGG BOY RULES!)…



…and Pap and Farron Cousins tell us how California is being depleted of water because of corporate greed and climate change – makes me want to vomit every time I see a golf course (or a movie or TV show with Tom Selleck, or a Nestle’s candy bar…here and here)…



…and I think a story about water is the perfect segue to this tribute to Dick Dale, King of the Surf Guitar, who, sadly, just left us (performing here with SRV – RIP).

No comments: