Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday Stuff


I would say that, at one of the marches yesterday, Cher was pretty “woke”; we all need to be that way too (mildly NSFW)…


…and though the Sunday morning gab fests apparently ignored the marches (here), Joy Reid didn’t of course, to her credit (great commentary yet again by Jennifer Rubin, believe it or not, at about 6:30)…



…and wow, I honestly didn’t know the Repug U.S. Senator Tom Cotton was this big of a snow flake…



…and this may be the first time I’ve featured a video from Benjamin Dixon of Ring of Fire, but I think he’s spot-on here when it comes to race issues in this country…



…and here’s another reminder about how much better we all would be under single payer from Sen. Bernie Sanders (just grab a fistful of valium, go lie down in a corner and take a nice, long nap, “Saint Orrin”)…


…and there was a time when I thought it was nothing but a bad joke to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles and the Super Bowl, but lo and behold, they punched their ticket yesterday. Awesome! And congratulations!

As a tribute, I’m planning to feature songs with “green” in the title over the next two weeks; we’ll see how far I get with that (this first selection you can also consider a tribute to Kinks bassist Jim Rodford…RIP).

No comments: