Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday Stuff


If nothing else, 2017 turned out to be a good year for these women in politics (we need many more – hate to say this, but collectively as a gender, men have blown it in this arena)…


…and “purge” the Justice Department? Like, in those movies? And alleging a “deep state” conspiracy? And $84 million in allegedly illegal campaign contributions to Hillary Clinton (here)? Damn, just how big of a wackadoodle is this Francis Rooney character anyway?

Fortunately, as noted here, it looks like Rooney has at least 2 declared Democratic Party challengers for next year (more here)…


…and Sam Seder talks to Rooney’s fellow wingnut U.S. House Rep Kevin Brady, who typically tries to tell us fairy tales about the utterly ruinous tax bill passed by his party and signed into law by the Gropenfuhrer (more here)…



…and Cenk and Ana of TYT discuss former President Obama’s warning about getting too wrapped up in social media (yes, I've read a lot of the wingnutosphere sites and tried to unpackage their BS, but I'm sorry - I don't see an equivalency, though we lefties are hardly perfect; besides, the answer is independent, objective journalism, and Obama was my guy, but he wasn't innocent when it came to going after whistle blowers)...



…and I’ve recently recalled Chuck Berry and Butch Trucks/Gregg Allman in videos to recognize their passing this year, but as far as I’m concerned, the loss of Tom Petty was the most shocking of all…



…and since 2017 is almost done, I should wrap up my informal retrospective of sorts for the year 1967 (not sure if I want to do this next year or not), and I should probably end this with the granddaddy of a tune from the most popular recording of the year (and for years beyond that).

No comments: