Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Wednesday Stuff

Yeah, I’d say last night was a good night – more than a little bit of corporate media spin in this report, though, as far as I’m concerned, particularly at the end where the reporter, in true “rip n’ read” fashion, communicates the Gropenfuhrer’s claim about “getting killed” on the tax bill without doing some actual – y’know – reporting and analysis – too boring to do dumb stuff like that I guess…



…and it looks like somebody else Generalissimo Trump is trying to distance himself from, Felix Sater by name, is a little cozier with Number 45 that we were led to believe…not that surprising I guess, but important to note…



…and we are now the only country holding out of the Paris climate accords (mildly NSFW from Jeff Waldorf…important to note, by the way, that the few coal jobs that are left are at least partially automated at this point)...



…and nice work here by Dem U.S. House Rep John Barry Larson in response to that fraud of a tax bill from the Repugs…


…and speaking of the "one percent," Stephen Colbert has a bit of fun here with the “Paradise Papers,” though I’m sure there’s plenty here that isn’t amusing in any way…I’m sure there will be much more on this…




…and overshadowed a bit in these parts yesterday by the tragic death of former Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay was the passing of a local area icon (for me, anyway), and that would be Rod Carson, former traffic reporter, weather guy, disk jockey, and pretty much everything else I would guess in radio – I wish I could tell you all of the times I listened to his “Rock n’ Roll Roots” show on WMMR on Saturday mornings, which just about always began with this theme (again, the memory is a little hazy here I’ll admit).

No comments: