Friday, April 07, 2017

Friday Stuff

I think it’s time for some hand-wringing over all of the stuff with the “Gropenfuhrer” and the Syria missile strike.

As much as it pains me to do this (and it truly does), I’m going to give President Big Orange Cheetoh a bit – but just a bit – of leeway on this. Yes, I’m extending something to him that NEVER would have been extended from Republicans to Hillary Clinton (they probably would have formed about half a dozen “oversight”-related committees in response to shamelessly politicize look into it), but at a time like this, I think we’re supposed to support the president (or, as perhaps their leading icon exalted by them to almost god-like status once put it, “trust but verify”).

But we should never forget what Trump is. Nor should we forget how he got there. And the fact that he SHOULDN'T EVEN BE THERE STILL.

And it’s EASY to blow stuff up. The REAL test will comes when Assad inevitably responds (he’s one of the worst butchers of our age, but he’s not stupid either), and we’ll see what Fergus Laing and his minions do THEN.

And we should also never forget this (and this, and this, and this...and oh yeah, this now too)…



Update: So much for the leeway (here).

…and yeah, I guess this is about par for the course, as they say, for Brian “Iraqi Helicopter” Williams (more here, and I honestly thought Fareed Zakaria knew better…more fool me, I guess)…


…and while I think Generalissimo Trump most definitely has corporate media enablers, Bill Maher recently commented pretty expertly IMHO on the miscreants who populate the cabinet of Number 45 and “fluff” him pretty regularly (and did anyone besides me notice, by the way, that the title of every one of Maher’s “New Rules” was a takeoff on a Beatles’ song? And NSFW - here)…



…and speaking of the “Trumpsters,” I thought this was pretty clever…


...and speaking of kids, I thought Ahh-nold found the proverbial nut here...


…and you’d better believe that this issue affects kids too (oh, and by the way, about that supposedly adorable guy in the red sweater – here)…


…and kudos to Seth Meyers for his treatment of Fix Noise here, including Billo and his “best bud” in An Oval Office (speaking of corporate media sycophants, alluding to Brian Williams earlier…more here and a "golden oldie" is here)…



…and when it comes to “Donald Drumpf” and the Syria stuff, I couldn’t help but think of this song (context may be off a bit, but close enough for me).

No comments: