Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Stuff

I give you more cluelessness on trade from Generalissimo Trump, Part The Infinity as Charlie Pierce might say (more here)...


…and did you hear the ones about those Republican “mavericks” opposing President Fergus Laing? Yeah, right (as Kyle explains...and I definitely don't share his opinion of Rand Paul, by the way, who, for my money, is an idiot - NSFW)…



…and Robert Reich tells us here how to be both a political and a consumer activist…


...and Chris Hayes talks with Rumana Ahmed, the Muslim woman who lasted for 8 days under Trump…



...and I have to admit that I didn't pay a lot of attention to the Oscars on Sunday, though I have to also admit that I can’t possibly understand how Price Waterhouse could screw up the envelopes for Best Picture the way they apparently did here (sooo, the envelope with Emma Stone’s name appeared I believe, but wouldn’t that have been used already since the Best Picture Oscar is supposed to be the last one? So confused…and try not to be too hard on Faye Dunaway, OK?).

And apparently, the show messed up the “In Memoriam” segments also (here), though they did have an ad for Rolex watches that I thought was awesome, with a whole gang of stars including a young Brando (and they managed to include Bill Paxton also, which was a classy touch).

Well (by way of a long setup I’ll admit), I’d like to include this clip, which is also a memorable highlight as far as I’m concerned…


…and RIP Larry Coryell.

No comments: