Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday Stuff



After President Obama was first elected to office, I can remember a headline from The Onion to the effect of “Nation Elects Black Man To Come In And Clean Up Mess Made By White Man.”

Gotta love The Onion…

Yeah, I’m old enough to remember how the horrid cabal of Former President Highest Disapproval Rating In Gallup Poll History left one Barack H. Obama with more of a ruinous mess than any president had ever left a successor in modern history. Yes, Herbert Hoover left FDR with probably the worst economic crisis of all time, but what Obama inherited was the second, and he had to figure out how to bring two wars to an end as well (yeah, I know he didn’t do it in Afghanistan, and he also didn’t close GITMO either, but you need a Congress that’s actually going to act like adults instead of partisan children to do this stuff). And I can also recall how the miscreants under Number 43 once acted like it wasn’t a question of whether this country would suffer another 9/11-type attack, but when.

So what did Number 44 end up doing? Here is a comprehensive (though, I would imagine, incomplete) list.

As far as I’m concerned, what President and Mrs. Obama accomplished (along with VP Joe Biden and the rest of the Obama Administration) was nothing short of miraculous.

So, with that in mind, I present the following video selections as a tribute, with my great, everlasting thanks…







No comments: