Friday, May 06, 2016

Friday Stuff

Yeah, I know we’ve definitely done the “bathroom bills” thing to death (the best commentary as far as I’m concerned, though, was from The Young Turks who actually bothered to read the fine print and realize that these bills are also assaults on worker protections), but I still thought this was a good commentary from Seth Meyers last week, if for no other reason than to give us an opportunity to take a final shot or two at “Calgary” Cruz (here - sadly, though, this remains topical, as noted here)…



…and while I think Ben Howe of Red State doth protest too much, I also thinks he makes some good points about “The Donald”; seriously, though, Howe and other conservatives shouldn’t be too shocked by this, since they’ve been catering to “the great unwashed” of their beloved base for years (including the late but still lamentable Andrew Breitbart), and their elevation of someone like Trump should not be surprising at all…



…and as you know if you’ve spent much time at this site at all, you know that I’m definitely not averse to using humor to try and make a serious point (here)…



…and Thom Hartmann brings us economic and labor news for the week…



…and to be honest, this isn’t exactly the type of story I was looking for given that Mother’s Day is Sunday, but I still thought it was interesting, particularly the last minute (those zany Aussies)…



…and as Mr. S. might say, happy Mother’s Day to all you muthas out there.

No comments: