Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Stuff

In the matter of the Paris attacks, I took this as a plea for caution and restraint from Fareed Zakaria, which I think is exactly the right message (here)…



…and I wouldn’t exactly call these great words by Shep Smith (going off-script once more) a ringing endorsement of accepting Syrian refugees, though I think that is exactly what we should do – typically ridiculous for Republican politicians to claim that we should only accept Christians, as if that can be proved or couldn’t be faked in order to get in (this tells us which states will grant and which will deny admittance, and kudos to Gov. Wolf for doing the right thing in PA)…



…oh, and if massive amounts of blood have been spilled somewhere and carnage has visited its ugly head, then you can count on Bill Kristol to call for more of our sons and daughters to be killed, maimed or wounded to satisfy his sick desire for more war (here...if Kristol ever saw violence for real, he's wet his pants)…



…and every once in a while at times like these, I feel like I have to hear this song.

No comments: