Monday, July 06, 2015

Monday Stuff

Yeah, how dare those breast-feeding moms nourish their babies the way nature intended (here: yeah, I'm overdoing it with the snark lately - sorry)...



…and if the prior clip was an intentional parody, then what follows is definitely an unintentional one (from here).

And in case anyone who reads this blog doesn't know this by now, then let me point out that I am an honest-to-goodness Roman Catholic. And it’s hard for me to communicate how truly offensive this video is to me.

Oh, please spare me how much Teh Gay Iz Destroying My Marriage (and it actually scares me a bit to realize that, say, about five years ago or so, I wasn’t that far removed from these people – not saying that to pat myself on the back, but only to point out how truly clueless I was on this subject).

This is a typical wingnut maneuver, of course. Basically use cowardly code language (“some of my best friends are gay”), then fake crocodile tears telling the world how oppressed you are because Teh Gay Iz Ruining Your Sexytime.

It’s a human rights issue. Gays and LGBT individuals want the same legal protections through marriage that straights have. They want to love without someone wagging their finger at them telling them that they’re going to hell and they’re going to take the straights with them. And they want to adopt kids. And hold down jobs and homes and basically live what was once euphemistically called The American Dream.

The end…



(P.S. – I can’t wait for the official parody.)

...and I LOVE this guy's response to "The Donald" on how horrible illegal (undocumented - whatever) immigrants supposedly are in about a minute and never stops working (here)...



…and happy belated 65th birthday to Michael Monarch of Steppenwolf (this goes out to the people behind the second video in this post).

No comments: