Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Stuff

About the VA, this developed after the following interview, fortunately.

About the economy, here’s what happens whenever we try to have a serious discussion on tax rates and loopholes…the “one percent” tells their politicians and sympathetic corporate media (and yes, Charles Lane of the WaPo, I’m talking to you) to include the home mortgage interest deduction and the ability to deduct state and local taxes which 1) is a comparative pittance, and 2) are the ONLY ITEMS your humble narrator benefits from (along with millions of others) when it comes to the tax code. So, the discussion grinds to a halt…



…and I have a feeling that, with this commentary, Bill Maher sees the “end game,” as it were, starting to unfold (once again, if you want a serious policy discussion, turn to a comedian)…



…see previous comment (NSFW)…



…and I find myself saying this about fifty times a day anymore, just about always to myself (in an altogether different context, I’ll admit).

No comments: