Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Stuff

With the fallout over the Malaysian plane tragedy in Ukraine and the decision of “Bibi” to invade Gaza (definitely don’t defend Hamas, who are thugs as far as I’m concerned, but what will the IDF do in Gaza? Obliterate territory that has already been obliterated?), I think it’s important to not forget the “mess” that still remains in Mesopotamia, and how our supposedly august corporate media continues to enable those responsible for it…



...and didn't Mel Gibson star in the "Mad Max" movies about stuff like this? Oh, sorry - it was gasoline (close)...U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!...



...and while we were on vacation last week, there were some milestones I missed out on that I want to make up for now – happy 55th birthday to Suzanne Vega (with one of my theme songs, I guess)...



...and happy 55th birthday also to Marc Cohn (hope he's recovered from that auto accident)...



...and “That's All Right,” the debut hit from Elvis himself (“down in the jungle room”), charted 60 years ago last week...



...and last week also marked the 50th anniversary of the film “A Hard Day's Night.”

No comments: