Monday, October 01, 2012

Monday Stuff

RIP Barry Commoner (here and here)…



…and changing the mood more than a little, here is my reaction to this story :-)...



…and speaking of TV personalities, one of the most iconic of all began his run as host of the “Tonight” Show 50 years ago today (this clip pre-dates that, actually – Marilyn Monroe had been dead for about a month, sadly)…



…and everywhere I go, I keep reading and hearing the same thing that I’m sure you read and hear also, namely, something along the lines of “well, just wait until the debates,” particularly the first one between Romney and Obama, and then that will decide the election.

And why is that, exactly? Could it be that there are actually people out there who are waiting for that occasion to make up their minds? Are there that many people in this country who are that dense that they somehow can’t grasp what’s at stake in this election?

(I know, if I won’t like the answer, don’t ask the question.)

Yes, I support Obama for a lot of reasons, but still, this song captures how I feel about the “debates” (actions speaking louder than, and all that).

No comments: