Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Stuff

Sam Seder brings us the latest on the DISCLOSE Act, which the Repugs in the Senate (to absolutely no-one’s surprise) filibustered today – wonder if Mr. and Mrs. America down the shore, up the mountains or whatever are paying attention...not to the desired degree I’m sure, which is indeed tragic...



...and this tells us that I may have been off in my calculation that the U.S. House Repugs have held 31 votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act (an utter waste on so many levels...the votes I mean), and that there may have, in fact, been 33 votes (backgrounder here).


Well, with that in mind, allow me to bring two bonus knuckleheads in the House who oppose the ACA, and just to show that I’m being “fair and balanced,” I’ll make them both Democrats, OK?

To begin, I give you outgoing Rep. Dan Boren of Oklahoma, one of five who voted with the Repugs to repeal (and by the way, Jim Wilson got creamed two years ago – heckuva job, Oklahoma Dems)....



...next, I give you Mike Ross of Arkansas, another of the five, giving us his version of constituent service (more’s the pity - here)...


...and I guess this is another video that would have been more appropriate for yesterday (praise the Lord and pass the wingnuttery).



No comments: