Monday, July 09, 2012

Monday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

RIP Ernest Borgnine (I thought this was a nice remembrance) – among other things, he racked up a bunch of service commendations from the Navy during WWII, and he also beat the you-know-what out of that skinny kid from Hoboken in “From Here to Eternity” (I read once that the movie role of "Marty" was turned down by Rod Steiger, and Borgnine sure ran with it, I'd say); I thought he had a great cameo role in “The Dirty Dozen” too, and what else can you say about a guy who played Mermaid Man (along with Tim Conway as Barnacle Boy) on “Spongebob”?...



...returning to politics, it looks like Willard Mitt is making all nice with the Koch brothers (big surprise, I know)...



...which of course is part of this (here)...



...and I never thought I’d want to use this tune in a political context, but I guess it does fit a bit concerning the Repug presidential nominee, so here it is (from that pipe pants-wearin’, Dippity-Do decade).

No comments: