Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thursday Stuff

(Yes, I know Steve Jobs is dead, and I’m sorry about that, but I don’t have anything to say about it.)

I know I mentioned former presidents Nixon, Ford and Carter earlier; on this day in 1976, Gerald Ford said the following during this debate, which, along with his pardon of Nixon (and the primary challenge from Reagan) may have cost him the election (Ford wasn’t a dope, though he was portrayed that way, and yes, I laughed at Chevy Chase too back then…by today’s Repug standards he’d look like FDR, and as I’ve said before, he was truly heroic in the South Pacific during World War II – I think what Ford meant was that the people in those countries refused to knuckle under to Communism; we’ve all had enough time to parse this over the years, and that’s my guess)…



…returning to the present day, here is K.O. reading the declaration from Occupy Wall Street (and it sounds like “New York City’s Finest” aren’t so “fine” at the moment)…



…and here’s a typically well-done report on raising taxes on the “pay no price, bear no burden” bunch (part of what the “Occupy” crowd is trying to accomplish, and those zany Teahadists want it also, believe it or not) from Rachel Maddow (oh, and by the way Senate Dems, it’s waay past time for some of you people to get on board also – here)…

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



…and I thought this item was a good excuse to revisit this vid, so here it is.

No comments: