Sunday, October 09, 2011

Sunday Stuff

I realize that Bill Maher first and foremost is an entertainer, and he has to cater to conservatives also from time to time, even though he frequently articulates liberal, Democratic positions and beliefs quite well. However, I truly cannot understand why he continues to give a platform to that washed up, dried out glibertarian sot P.J. O'Rourke, who hasn't spoken or written anything even vaguely amusing for about 20 years.

That is why I am so pleased to provide this clip of former Dem U.S. House Rep Alan Grayson giving O'Rourke the smack-down he deserves over O'Rourke's put-downs of the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters (and I'm so glad Grayson didn't do it in a chuckling, "oh, P.J., you rascal," candy-ass kind of way that Maher did a bit at the end...not that I would have expected anything less from Grayson - more here)...



...and boy, assuming supporters of Sarah Palin have any kind of mental sensory apparatus to begin with - well, they should feel pretty damned used, and stupid to boot, as Jon Stewart explains (here)...



...and harking back to OWS, happy birthday wishes go out to two individuals who know (and knew) a thing or two about protests - first, JB...



...and this guy (and as for Yoko, I have no idea).



Update: And here's a bonus, by the way - who says I never touch on hot-button "cultural" issues?

No comments: