Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Stuff

And yet again, when it's time for perspective on the demonizing of teachers in this country (which puts us in a league with who exactly, I wonder? Iran? North Korea??), it's time for Jon Stewart (here - and Fix Noise humanoid Megyn Kelly stands out as a cold, soulless harpie yet again)...



...and I think this report makes the jump a little too quick in assuming that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is necessarily talking about U.S. propaganda, though I'm not naive enough to discount that possibility out of hand - I saw another clip of her testimony where she's talking about how ridiculous the "dual arguing talking head" format is that passes for news analysis on cable, and she's absolutely spot-on there...important stuff that we ignore in this country at our peril...



...and Rachel Maddow brings us the latest on the Repug slo-mo train wreck, this time in Wyoming of all places (I don't buy all of what the two ladies with her say here, but I respect their opinions)...



...and I've been meaning to tip my hat to this guy all week for winning another Academy Award (here), so please allow me to do so now.

No comments: