Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Stuff

Actually, I don't think Utah is going far enough here - I think they should name a state gastropod also. How about the ever-reliable garden slug (oddly appropriate as far as I'm concerned)?

And I have a perfect honorary name too: Clark Aposhian of the Utah Shooting Sports Council!...



...and today marks the fifth anniversary of the confirmation of "Strip Search Sammy" Alito to the High Court (which, I'm sure, will end up ruling on the health care law at some point, and God only knows what they'll do), and with that in mind, I bring you the following moment of actual humanity from Dem Sen. Kent Conrad - commendable from Conrad for a change...



...and I thought this was a wonderful tribute to the film composer John Barry, who died today (my favorites would be "Chaplin," "Out of Africa" and "Dances With Wolves," but it's a tough call from such a distinguished body of work).

No comments: