Monday, November 01, 2010

Monday Stuff

I know the pundits thought this ad for Admiral Joe was in bad taste (yeah, as if the teabaggers constitute "good" taste, and they've been our corporate media darlings for what seems like forever), but I still thought it was worth another look...



And speaking of the teabaggers, I give you the following from Frank Rich's column yesterday...

For sure, the Republican elites found the Tea Party invaluable on the way to this Election Day. And not merely, as Huckabee has it, because they wanted its foot soldiers. What made the Tea Party most useful was that its loud populist message gave the G.O.P. just the cover it needed both to camouflage its corporate patrons and to rebrand itself as a party miraculously antithetical to the despised G.O.P. that gave us George W. Bush and record deficits only yesterday.
Nail. Hammer. Head.

...and I thought about including a negative ad for Mikey Fitzpatrick as the last video before the vote, but I reconsidered - I think this is more appropriate...



...and though I don't like the fact that they beat the Phillies, I should be a good sport and congratulate the San Francisco Giants for winning the club's first World Series in over 50 years since they moved from New York here (and I liked this cartoon, and let's hope "Pat The Bat" takes the hint and calls it a career - get ready for one hell of a parade: -)...



...and changing the mood, nobody knows for sure what will happen tomorrow, but let's not go down without a fight (and once more, click here to find your polling place).

No comments: