Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Stuff

Yep, today turned out to be a no-posting day as I suspected, and I’m not real sure about tomorrow either - still managed to put up a video here though.

I really was planning to ignore all of the CPAC nonsense this weekend until I came across this video by Max Blumenthal of HuffPo, with background here – what balls (and I don’t even know why Breitbart went through the formality of trying to ask a question before he started with his insults; I’m just sorry that he can’t be charged with O’Keefe as an accessory for that ACORN crap).

(And by the way, speaking of Breitbart, O'Keefe and ACORN, check this out.)



…and K.O. accepts what appears to be a “diversity challenge” from some Dallas teabaggers (heh)…

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



…and if anyone in this country is trying to do something constructive in any way on health care reform, then it must surely mean that Bart Stupak cannot be far behind trying to revive his pro-sepsis coat hanger abortion amendment, and Pancake Joe Pitts is along for the ride too, appearing briefly in a film clip with Stupak (and by the way, to get an inkling as to why this matters – which should be obvious, I realize – get a load of what’s going on in Nicaragua here...h/t Atrios)

(By the way, Rachel Maddow continues to kick butt on the issues that matter, for anyone out there keeping score; her summary of the Stupak-Pitts atrocity before introducing Jan Schakowsky is the most cogent explanation I’ve yet heard on this subject. And I’ll remember it when I receive the periodic haranguing from the pulpit on this subject again this Sunday…finally, nice work by Schakowsky on the petition to get rid of our military contractors – you can sign here)…

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Update 2/24/10: And in a similar vein, I give you this (h/t Atrios for this also).

…and I like this tune, and it also fits as a weather forecast.




And speaking of rainy days, it looks like Brian Westbrook, formerly of the Philadelphia Eagles and Villanova in these parts, is having one based on this; the organization does what it does best and that is to use up and eventually discard players as if they were household appliances – I mean, the Eagles have to do something good, since, as they are now, they can’t beat NFL-caliber playoff teams any more.

So, with that having been said, my thanks go out to Westbrook for giving it his all for an outfit that doesn’t deserve it (I believe the NFL “combine” is coming up soon, which will be the cue for all of the media sports-mouth idiots in this town to start talking about the Eagles and the Super Bowl…dear God, I may bust a gut laughing out loud).

No comments: