Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tuesday Stuff

(And I also posted here.)

Really, New Jersey? Really?

Chris Christie is really your new governor, huh?

Well then, get ready for tax cuts all around (except property taxes, which won’t budge - they never do regardless of who is in power), budget deficits as far as the eye can see, and rewards for every well-heeled Republican in the state and elsewhere (and yes, I called it for Corzine, so I “screwed the pooch” on that one).

I don’t think this is as extreme a judgment on the Dem as Virginia, but I think the results in both states show what happens when one “base” is excited and the other decides to sit on its hands (and I blame both Deeds and Corzine for that one).

Tonight’s election results, particularly in New Jersey, proved two things conclusively for me: 1) In no way whatsoever is either development a referendum on Obama, and 2) More people should read this blog :-).

And by the way, I’m preparing myself for the strong possibility of a repeat development in PA next year :-(.

Finally, here is a reminder once more of how New Jersey’s new governor-elect stole from Monty Python in his campaign…



…and I dedicate this to everyone who voted for Christie.



Update 11/4/09: And by the way, there is no excuse whatsoever for this...



Update 11/4/09: And by the way (also), the answer to the question is yes - I am completely aware of the fact that every local candidate I supported lost. This was particularly painful considering the Lower Makefield Township supervisors race (Fran McDonald was by volume a better candidate than Dan McLaughlin), but anyone out there who voted for Simon Campbell and Kathleen Zawacki because they felt that they pay too much in school taxes must send their kids to private school; this development in particular will be ruinous for public school education in this district (as I said over at Wordpress earlier, prepare to reap the whirlwind).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They get the government they deserve.

There may be a bright side to this.

Lets see how Christie gives his people everything they want without paying for it.