Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesday Stuff

(Either tomorrow or Thursday could end up as a no-posting day, by the way.)

I actually found myself not caring about Keith's interview with Joe Trippi until about the last minute, where they talk about the Dem senatorial primary between Snarlin' Arlen and Admiral Joe (funny that Specter did some impromptu stand-up comedy last August during the congressional recess making fun of Sarah Palin, but he voted for her when it counted).

I have to tell you that this race worries me a bit. Obviously, Admiral Joe is the better choice because he's an actual Democrat, though I haven't agreed with all of his votes by any means. However, it couldn't be more plain that the Democratic Party establishment is solidly behind Specter, which we know.

I think that if Sestak manages to beat Specter (which we want), we're actually going to have a problem (we'll have one either way). I have a nightmare image of that same Democratic establishment deciding to sit on its hands if Sestak is the nominee, and I see filthy, unkempt liberal blogger types definitely not doing a lot if Specter wins (who is damaged goods, let's face it, even though he's spent a career winning fights like this somehow).

Let's be plain - despite how I personally feel, I will support Specter if he wins because he would be the standard bearer of my party. Besides, a split like this could help full-mooner, Club-For-Growth wingnut Pat Toomey to actually win this thing, which would be a catastrophe (think Little Ricky all over again, though a shade smarter).

Finally, while it's true that I could have a more intelligent foreign policy (or ANY policy) discourse with my cat than I could with Sarah Palin, let's not sit around chortling over her too much. We may think "Palin fatigue" is the most powerful motivating political force out there, but sadly, it isn't. Wrongly of course, Obama hatred is Number One. And that would come into play for Toomey also of course, and let's remember that Obama didn't win PA, even though he had a lot of support then as now. Hillary beat him.

All I'm saying is that this race is going to be a fight regardless of whether or not Sestak or Specter wins the Dem primary (for different reasons for each candidate). We'll lose it if we assume any different.



...so Chris Christie blows off the media, huh? That's not going to do much for his sinking poll numbers, is it?...



..."Worst Persons" (Betsy McCaughey gets the "bronze" for paling around with the guy who came up with that graphic of Obama as a witch doctor, which CNN thought was "satire"...yep, Keith, she's bad news, you're right, but given this, I think you ought to have a little talk with Dylan Ratigan; Rupert The Pirate is also called out for, in essence, firing Sandra Guzman, the New York Post editor who called out her publication over the offensive cartoon noted here; but Michele Bachmann does it again for more thuggish imagery in her bizarro pronouncement about Nancy Pelosi and the "Bush Dogs" - maybe people vote for Bachmann because they're afraid she'll kill them if they don't...???)...



...and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the only non-'80s music video featuring a llama.

No comments: