Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Stuff

Some last-minute stuff caught up to yours truly today, so no posting (hopefully tomorrow, though I did make a contribution over here).

And speaking of that, the people depicted in this Rachel Maddow segment are the ones that Max Baucus, Kent Conrad, Blanche Lincoln, Bill Nelson and Tom Carper sided with today by voting not once, but twice, to defeat amendments for a public option to the odious Baucus bill (OK, so Nelson and Carper voted for Schumer's amendment, but they all voted against Rockefeller's)...



...and I'm going to hold you to this, Tom, along with many other people I'm sure...



...and I thought this was kind of a catchy little tune...



...and based on this story about another pal of The Sainted Ronnie R, I'd like to dedicate the following video to Andy Williams (kind of reminds me that I also need to work on a follow-up post to the Valley Swim Club story).



Update 9/30/09: In a related story, as they say, I understand that this cartoon hits a raw nerve with some people, and I respect that, but I still think it should have been published since its point is well taken (and as E&P notes here, cartoonist Keith Knight is African American).

No comments: