Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve Videos

Redwood ("Falling Down"; I like the song, but it's a shame that the vid is so clueless)...



...Happy Birthday to Paul Westerberg of The Replacements ("Unsatisfied," and no, I didn't see "Airheads" - not a clue as to what is going on in this vid, but I always liked this song)...



...I was wondering exactly how to end the year and welcome 2008 on an "up" note, and I saw this on Eschaton a few days ago and thought it would be a good choice; here's "Sweet Georgia Brown," with Sidney Bechet on soprano sax, Teddy Buckner on trumpet, Vic Dickenson on trombone, Arvell Shaw on bass, Sammy Price on piano, and Roy Eldridge on drums (1958 was a good year)....



...but I can't quite let 2007 go yet without one more tribute to Dan Fogelberg (a slide show accompanying "Leader Of The Band").

No comments: