Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Gimme Some "Factor" Friction!

(By the way, no posting tomorrow, in case I forget to mention it later.)

With this post title, I mean to restate my loathing and disregard for Bill O’Reilly (yes, I know; take a number and sit down).

Not because he is a shameless, abusive propagandist. Not because he is a pompous, intellectual wastrel of a human being. Not because he is a falafel-abusing egomaniac (link here - #4 on list).

No, no, no.

It is because, despite my attempt to goad him (here) into decrying me as some type of liberal vermin in his demented eye, he has steadfastly refused to do so.

Gosh, I almost feel insulted.

Well, would it help if I published a list of his advertisers (here; hat tips to kos and Prof Marcus…what a shame; I thought favorably of Dell computers up to this moment – you can also click to a petition telling these folks what you think of their support for this nematode).

I should probably back up a bit here and note that this latest dustup started when O’Reilly and fellow traveler Michelle Malkin compared The Daily Kos (and, by extension, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga) to Al Capone and Benito Mussolini (takes one to know one, I guess - here).

And in other wingnut news, I should point out that University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill (a person only O’Reilly and his ilk actually care about, I assure you) was fired from his job yesterday (Churchill is the one who called 9/11 victims “little Eichmanns,” in case that slipped your mind because a freeper hadn’t pointed that out within the last five minutes).

This HuffPo column by Greg Lukianoff looks at the legal implications of Churchill’s dismissal, and I thought they were interesting (the only reason I’m bothering to mention Churchill at all, really). It turns out that there were “numerous, longstanding claims of academic misconduct” against Churchill prior to his infamous remark, and the school and the board of regents actually look bad for not acting on them earlier, kind of opening up the possibility that, after much hoopla, Churchill could end up with a settlement from the school just to go away.

And finally (on a separate note, pretty much), I want to say how glad I am that Markos and the great people at his site are all over Abu Gonzales as he disintegrates under the withering eye of Congress and the media. And I’m glad to hear them calling for his impeachment.

Does that mean that Markos will now be less dismissive of those who rightly call for Dubya and Deadeye Dick to endure the same fate?

Update: This post from Kagro X adds fuel to the impeachment fire, as far as I'm concerned.

Update 7/27: Jim Gilliam of HuffPo has a good idea about O'Reilly and his ilk here.

No comments: