Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Australian Schizophrenia

Does this mean that Barack Obama will receive an apology (and, as Atrios pointed out yesterday, it looks like “the poodle” bites after all).

So I guess, as far as John Howard is concerned, only U.S. troops are supposed to fight and die in Iraq; it’s OK if Blair and the Brits pull out and the Aussies (for the most part) keep half a world away from the fighting.

I can’t blame Blair for bailing, though. In addition to arriving at the realization that most of us have already experienced in this country, we can’t have a member of the royal family killed in this thing, can we?

2 comments:

profmarcus said...

pardon me, but if atrios used "the poodle bites," i missed it... i, however, know that i did ( http://takeitpersonally.blogspot.com/2007/02/bye-bye-brits.html ), and, if you're confusing me with duncan, i'm more than mildly flattered... ;)

doomsy said...

GAAH!! First I messed up on the Dobbs post, and then I gave the wrong attribution (though I'm glad to tip my hat to you)...

Serves me right for trying to multitask on my posts (either that, or I'm not drinking enough).