Monday, January 22, 2007

Too Slow On The Draw

I’m referring to myself here, by the way.

I was all set to tee off on conservative hack Dinesh D’Souza for trying to make the case that “secularism” was responsible for 9/11 in the Inquirer yesterday (re: those guttural, gay-loving, union-belonging, evolution-believing liberals – D’Souza would say that, but he wants to sound highbrow and evasive in anticipation that we’ll just sit around and argue over what the $#@! it is that he’s trying to say, in a manner typical of most academics) as well as bin Laden’s hatred of us (and how can anyone presume to think for that lunatic anyway?), but Walter Uhler at The Huffington Post already did it (sometimes I don’t quite get this whole “blogging” thing, I’ll admit :- ).

Well, since I couldn’t find a link to the original Inquirer story in Uhler's piece, here it is (as well as more on Alan Wolfe’s response and the details of a communication between D’Souza and The General here – hat tips for both to Atrios). And by the way, am I the only one who is repulsed over the fact that D’Souza will hawk his infamous screed at the Constitution Center next week?

No comments: