Monday, January 29, 2007

In Praise Of A Prank

Today is truly a sad day in these parts; it turns out that the great Google bomb that allowed a user to type “miserable failure” into the text search box and end up at the White House web site was fixed.

(sniff…)

From what I can determine, the “Google bomb” was concocted by creating a link from one page titled “miserable failure,” with the White House URL attached to the link text (Google would identify “miserable failure” as the search keyword text).

I’m a little bit of a “techie,” but not much. I hope I got that explanation right.

So this calls for a couple of steps – we have to set up links to Dubya's bio at the White House site all over again to reconstruct “the bomb,” and I’ll do that here in a few minutes (even though Google may have changed the search algorithm, I say we give it a shot anyway).

Also, while you’re at it, set up a link to this site if you don’t already have one with link text titled, “Greatest Blog Ever,” OK?

Hey, all I can do is take a shot, right?

No comments: