Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Birthday To The Dick

In recognition of “Billion Dollar” Dick Cheney’s birthday today, I present these two sound and video files (here and here) recalling infamous moments from his part (so hard to select just two, I know).

And, since he became so perturbed in response to a question from CNN’s Wolf Blitzer the other day about his daughter’s pregnancy, here is an in-depth New York Times report on Mary Cheney (and I wonder if she and Ms. Poe will have to move from Virginia, since same-sex couples basically have no rights in that state).

And one more thing: I haven’t had much to say about the Libby trial since I’m still formulating an opinion on everything (and also because the “A” listers have been swarming all over it with great coverage), but apparently, the veep isn’t exactly coming out of it smelling like a rose (not that he actually cares anyway, I know – I’m also afraid that notions of his resignation from the White House is wishful thinking).

No comments: