Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The "War On Christmas" Begins

(I know, I know, it’s that time of year again already…)

Here’s one for you, O’Reilly!

It’s easy for you to bray all over the place about how our “Christian values” are being compromised when the clerk at Target wishes you “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas,” and it’s good sport for you to malign the ACLU when they request that a menorah or a nativity scene is removed from in front of a government building (the latter is important to me personally, but I realize many other people in this country don’t share my faith, and they might object to it).

But try telling that to the Marines!

You heard me.

C’mon now, be consistent. If you’re going to attack one group, you should attack all.

Tell Bill Grein, vice president of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation in Quantico, Virginia that he’s a knot head for refusing some Jesus dolls offered to him by the Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Company of Valencia, California.

Go ahead. I’ll be sure to call the rescue squad for you when the time comes to remove the boot after it is firmly inserted you-know-where.

Update 11/16: Looks like the Marines reconsidered (praise the Lord - this is a flaky Comcast link).

No comments: