Thursday, March 23, 2006

Praise God, Watch The Ticker

Channeling Brendan, if that’s OK (as noted, he's all over today's Bush stuff; I'm thinking we're in the wrong gig also...)…

YO!

Yes Lord?

YOU READ THIS??!!

Faith Based Mutual Funds Booming

No, I must have missed it.

ARE THEY NUTS? IT’S A FAD. SWING WITH ENERGY AND PHARMA ISSUES!

But…you’re The Almighty. The Big Kahuna. Why are you dissing people who want to make a buck but professing to do good work in Your name?

ONE ANSWER: GEORGE W. BUSH.

Gotcha.

THESE PEOPLE DUMPING ALL THEIR DOUGH IN ONE TYPE OF ASSET CLASS…MAN. DIVERSIFY, DIVERSIFY, DIVERSIFY! CONSUMER GOODS, TECH STOCKS, PRECIOUS METALS…FOR MY SAKE, BUY A T-BILL OR SOMETHING. SO WHAT IF RATES DIPPED TODAY?

We’re talking “long-term investment horizon,” right?

DAMN SKIPPY WE ARE! WHAT, ARE THESE PEOPLE FROM KANSAS?

Can’t tell ya’

RESULTS ON THESE FUNDS ARE FOR ONE YEAR! YOU’RE HANDING OVER SERIOUS DOUGH, YOU NEED PERFORMANCE RESULTS FROM FIVE TO TEN. CAPISH?

I see the light. But I think I want to check this out some more.

CAN’T GO ANY HIGHER ON THIS THAN ME, DUDE.

Probably, but just to make sure, I’m putting in a call to Warren Buffett anyway.
There you have it. For anyone who thinks it’s a good idea to “invest in a prayer,” so to speak, I say unto you to keep close counsel on this, lest another think you possess “the jawbone of an ass.”

No comments: