Monday, August 29, 2005

Pay No Price, Bear No Burden

This post from Beth Quinn on The Smirking Chimp is simply too good not to link to here.

I described a few weeks ago how Lyndon Johnson reacted and what he said in response to the attack on the Freedom Marchers before the passage of the Voting Rights Act. Quinn’s post describes how Johnson’s predecessor in the White House reacted to a lesser, but still important, national emergency (yes, I know it affected the military, but it affected the rest of us also).

By the way (speaking of the absence of leadership), do you know that Dubya STILL has not vetoed a single spending bill send across his desk (I probably linked to this already, but I think it deserves another “prop”)? He should be known as “The E-Z Pass President”.

Update: OK, to be fair, I'll let him crow about this for a moment or two, temporarily putting aside all of his garbage concerning the war; this does a little towards establishing stability, but not a lot (and I agree with Ron Wyden).

No comments: