“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Tuesday, September 01, 2026
Tuesday Stuff
David Pakman tells us that Our Ochre Abomination wants potential Repug voters to “pretend I’m on the ballot” in November – WORKS FOR ME!!...I can’t imagine what kind of a mental defective you have to be to ONLY vote if Combover Caligula is running (which he can’t now), but we know there are millions of life forms that fall into that category...also, I’d forgotten about that beyond ridiculous mid-term convention the “party of Lincoln” is planning for Dallas in a couple of weeks – you know what? They should go for it and keep reminding everybody how entitled and out of touch they really are...Pakman is right that the strategy that makes sense is to “localize” everything – of course, that also brings up the question to me of “why the $#@! haven’t you idiots actually addressed our problems” (directed towards the party in power), but that’s just me I guess.
And of course, when Pakman talks about vulnerable Repugs, that includes this guy...
...and this report from CBC News tells us that those stinking tariffs could put Canadian liquor producers “on ice,” including one company part owned by Dan Aykroyd...as one producer notes, a 50 percent tariff basically reduces its profit to zero...we learn that more bottles of Crown Royal are sold in Texas than all of Canada, which isn’t surprising to yours truly (I’d be drinking heavily also if, God forbid, I resided in the Lone Star State)...
...and when it comes to our cattle ranchers, it looks like this scheme to import beef from God knows where is backfiring (big surprise – not!), with ranchers claiming that beef prices aren’t the biggest issue; the big problem is the price of fuel that gets passed down to consumers (I would also say a big problem is voters in farm country casting their ballots for Repugs, but that’s another matter I know)...Cantaloupe Capone's decision to import “mystery meat” is basically stabbing our cattle ranchers in the back...this also encourages looking at other nutrition options besides beef, which, for the consumer, isn’t a bad idea I believe, though I don’t think we should tell our ranchers to kick rocks, despite what were likely some wrong-headed votes by those people...the rancher interviewed is probably spot-on about Brazilian meat packer JBS calling the shots (and apparently, our dairy industry is also getting hammered since they feel the effects of all this trade madness as well)...
...and while we rightly pay tribute to Dolly Parton and her legacy of giving selflessly, Belle reminds us about the “R” team cutting funds for Parton’s book program, where free books were sent to kids under 5, particularly in Indiana and Missouri (more here)...
...and I thought this was another catchy little number from Jesse Welles...
...and I’m still deciding how much I actually like this newer tune...I wouldn’t recommend dancing like this around 12th and Norris and a lot of other spots in Philly, and probably a lot of spots in NJ as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment