“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Thursday Stuff
I was actually going to pass on the whole Darline Graham matter where she said foreign policy wasn’t her thing, or whatever, in that debate (and started wrapping herself around the memory of her dead brother, who was no great shakes either IMO, and her dad), but I thought Brian Tyler Cohen’s take on that was pretty important...as he says, this fits into the typical pattern of the Gropenfuhrer surrounding himself with people as dumb as #47 is (good commentary towards the end by Katie Porter on CNN...and once more, the corporate media double standard is on display here – does anyone seriously believe that a Dem would have received the “kid gloves” treatment if they had stepped into it like Graham did here?)...
...and speaking of double standards, David Pakman lets us know here that “President Deals” was caught using the same “cheat sheet” that Biden apparently once used (leading to weeks of ridicule for #46, but of course, since our current *preznit has “the magic R” after his name, it’s time for our corporate media to go into snooze mode)...I know Pakman knows that it’s not possible for anyone associated with Not Your Father’s Republican Party to actually be embarrassed about a damn thing, and this is more evidence of that (as if we needed it, I know)...I may look into Pakman’s book – probably an interesting read...
...and the “Logical Leftist” tells us that it looks like the typical DNC Beltway centrist election losers are back to pretend to be the adults in the room, or something, over Abdul El-Sayed’s Dem U.S. Senate primary win in Michigan, to the point where they’re actually backing a Trump Repug (including this Michael Horowitz character)??...beyond belief (well, maybe not really) that AIPAC spent $32 million to try and defeat El-Sayed (once more, love and kisses to the High Court of Hangin’ Judge JR for Citizens United)...oh, and Horowitz (along with others I’m sure) objects to El-Sayed’s endorsement from Hasan Piker (the outrage against Piker has elevated his profile more than he could ever do on his own)...glad to hear Jeff Waldorf bring up 2016 and how we more or less held our noses and “voted for Hillz” even though we supported Bernie Sanders in the Dem primary...the double standard on display here from the supposedly elite political insider class is enough to make me retch (and I seem to recall Carville saying there was no room for both him and Piker in the party or something, but if Carville has come around to supporting El-Sayed, then good for him)...hard to overstate how important it is that we hold Michigan; no chance on getting the Senate if we don’t (a related item is here)...
...and speaking of corporate insider Dems, Tennessee Brando (definitely not him) tells us about that utter train wreck of an appearance on “Meet The Press” by Hakeem Jeffries where he repeatedly said that Medicare For All isn’t a priority for him, with M4A supported by – gee, I dunno – ABOUT 65 FREAKING PERCENT OF THIS COUNTRY!!! Brando is right for sure about everyone needing to be unified against Our Ochre Abomination, especially since our corporate media will be inflicting all of their “Dems In Disarray” narratives whether they’re actually warranted or not...if somehow the projected “blue wave” turns into a “blue trickle,” though, it will be because of garbage like this from Jeffries...this tells us that Jeffries has received about roughly $1.4 million in donations from health care-related companies and individuals – yet another reason to get damn dirty corporate money out of politics, as if we needed another one (nice ROI from Jeffries to make his bundlers happy, though)...Brando gets revved up at about 7:30, and he’s about 150 percent correct (NSFW/H)...
...and with the Brian Tyler Cohen clip in mind, I give you this from Mr. Newberger...
...and the weather is going to be a bit dreary in these parts, so I thought I’d include this seasonal tune as a bit of a pick-me-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment