“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Wednesday, July 22, 2026
Wednesday Stuff
Yasmin Khan and Jayar Jackson of Rebel HQ bring us the latest on Our Ochre Abomination and Iran...3 more of our soldiers were killed because of Cantaloupe Capone’s completely unnecessary war of choice, and of course our *preznit marked this tragic loss in the most solemn way possible...yeah, maybe in an alternate version of reality...to be honest, I’m really at a point where I don’t believe a damn thing from this criminal administration, and with all due respect to the fine men and women in our military, that goes for US CENTCOM also (remember all those senior military leaders who were fired by this bunch of bottom feeders? Likely they were replaced by Trumpist sycophants)...unfortunately, though, I DO believe them when they claim to want a “wider war”...good point by Jayar that our “allies” in the region aren’t doing anything because they know what a mess we’re in (here) and they’re not going to lift a little finger to help us...
...and Jesse Dollemore gives us more on the ongoing saga of the George Washington slavery signs that were illegally taken down around our first president's home in Philadelphia...I guess it hurts the fragile fee fees of our man-child of a chief executive to point out that #1 owned people in bondage...a federal court ruled against our ruling regime and said the signs need to be put back, but it appears that Our Treasonous Orange Pestilence replaced the signs with Trumpist propaganda...”painting a picture of a white ethno-state” indeed...so it looks like the Third Circuit said that #47 could replace the signs/panels, which proved to be the opening that they needed to do this sickening deed...and yeah, doing this in the dead of night is a typically sleazy move...and one of the panels says that Washington allowed slaves to attend the theater, with our first president buying the tickets – what a guy! – as if that’s supposed to make up for the fact that HIS TEETH CAME FROM AT LEAST ONE SLAVE...I would say that attorney Michael Coard definitely gets what’s going on here (NSFW/H)...
...and Chris Hayes informs us that extreme weather tied to climate change is the “new normal,” which I guess anybody who’s paying attention to this already knows (and I don’t know anybody else in the media who’s on top of this like Hayes, to his credit)...I know this is a little behind the news cycle, but I think it matters to keep beating this metaphorical drum...and oh yeah, let’s blame Canada, even though one of that country’s brave firefighters perished helping to control a fire in Colorado (here)...failing to address this goes right back to DOGE/Elon and Project 2025 under Russell Vought, and both of them should be brought up on charges IMO (for this and myriad other reasons, including the destruction of US AID)...
...and with the prior clip in mind, I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” from 7/22/16...here is a climate change ad from Friends of the Earth Action that Fix Noise refused to air – better to keep their sheep-like audience fearful or angry, or both if possible, as long as no one is thinking constructively, in a manner befitting an adult with a lick of common sense (here)...
...and yesterday marked what would have been the 75th birthday for Robin Williams (NSFW/H also, but hilarious...I cannot possibly imagine what he would make of all of this raging out of control at this moment)...
...and RIP also saxophonist Plas Johnson, who played so memorably in the “Pink Panther” theme written by Henry Mancini.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment