Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tuesday Stuff


Farron Cousins brings us the sorry story of a Repug state lawmaker in West Virginia named David Elliott Pritt, who is quite rightly facing calls for resignation after using Snapchat and the Roblox platform to seduce a15-year-old girl...oh, and did I mention that this guy built his name around allegedly protecting children? Yep, another case of child endangerment having nothing to do with puberty blockers or drag queen story hour...”it’s always the ones who speak out the loudest” indeed, and I honestly cannot recall a case of a Dem doing something this heinous, partly because if that had happened, we would NEVER hear the end of it from our corporate media (nor should we I know), while an awful story like this will probably be swept under the metaphorical rug and forgotten...



...and Belle of the Ranch discusses what is likely to be one of the October surprises coming from Cantaloupe Capone this fall, and that is the alleged reduction of inflation (but again, since he canned the folks at the BLS who actually knew what they were doing and replaced them with Trumpist flunkies, I don’t expect that they’ll be telling us the truth)...



...and Logical Leftist Jeff Waldorf lets us know about Bronzer Beelzebub trying to drag NYT reporters in front of a grand jury over a story about the Gropenfuhrer’s new Qatari jet, going after a journo’s mom and other reporters’ spouses...geez oh man, at least the mob knows to leave family members out of stuff like this; what does THAT say about our ruling regime? At least the judge got PO’ed enough to force our knuckleheads in charge to pull the subpoenas in open court...and leave it to the Trump gang to try and obtain phone records for a July story DATING BACK TO JANUARY – kind of the definition of a “fishing expedition”...mildly NSFW/H, but for a good reason IMO...



...and the theme of this commentary from Thom Hartmann is “They made you fear and hate your neighbor so they could rob your future.”...Thom recalls some of President Eisenhower’s address upon leaving the White House about this country rising above petty grievances and intolerance and joining a community of nations based on mutual trust and respect more or less; would that we had pursued that course the way we should...Thom discusses that Lloyd’s survey where 1 in 10 of us say politics is the biggest risk we face, which definitely should NOT take on outsized importance like that...he also once more links the political decline of this country back to The Sainted Ronnie R; grievance has been part of our politics for probably as long as we’ve existed, but it was raised to an art form IMO under #40...I know we can always count on a history lesson from Thom on how we got to this point and he provides that again, and that definitely matters even though it’s mind-numbingly depressing I know...



...and Desi Lydic of The Daily Show brings us up to speed on the latest nonsense from our Trump Party overlords...I swear, how soon is it going to be before Dementia Donnie starts answering reporters’ questions with “I’m paper and you’re glue – nothing sticks to me, but only you,” which is on a par with “you know something I don’t know?” I would say THE ENTIRE CIVILIZED FREAKING WORLD knows stuff that you don’t know...oh, but Cantaloupe Capone is #1 on “Tic Tac”...sooo, does that mean that he’s cornering the market on breath mints??? (mildly NSFW/H also)...



...and I thought this was a cool newer tune from Carly Simon...sorry to hear about her health issues – wishing for all the best.

No comments: