Thursday, July 06, 2023

Thursday Stuff


John and Francesca of The Damage Report tell us here how “Apartheid Clyde” messed up the bird app again, trying to set a limit on the number of “reads” and maybe charging for it...just stick the last nails in the metaphorical coffin already, especially in consideration of this...



...and with the recent holiday in mind, Robert Reich takes a hard look at the Repug Party’s claim that “they love America”...tell me another one...



...which is particularly ludicrous given that the overwhelming majority of non-boomers out there aren’t proud of their country, if the poll Kyle Kulinski brings to us is to be believed, and I think it is; Gallup is pretty reliable on this stuff...and yeah, I’m surprised by that 42 percent number among 18-34 Repugs – I also thought that would be higher...and I’d never heard the term “steel man” an argument before, but I guess that’s a thing...



...and Thom Hartmann tells us that “no malarkey Joe” nominated Elliott Abrams, of all people, for some “public diplomacy commission” (unbelievable...and why am I not surprised that Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao is somehow involved in this “cluster”?)...



...and Emma of The Majority Report discusses some state rep in South Dakota named Joe Donnell, who goes on the podcast for this evangelical, Dr. Meri Crouley...ok, so I’m going to try and unpackage this, even though my head hurts already – sooo, Mount Rushmore is a demonic portal, and when the Gropenfuhrer was due to arrive as part of the July 4th festivities (because Kristi “Unsafe At Any Speed” Noem allowed fireworks even though the state, like much of the country, is in the grip of a devastating heat wave and it would be easy for a stray spark to touch some dry tinder and set off a devastating blaze that could torch the whole damn state and beyond)...well, #45 was going to do something in accordance with the Constitution against communism, even though that founding document has not one damn thing to say about it...I swear, I should just try making up my own religion and saying any sh*t I want – I know I’d get followers, but I’d be pretty freaked out about what awaited me in the next life, I should add...mildly NSFW/H...



...and RIP Paul Justman, who made numerous videos (including “Centerfold” and “Freeze Frame” for the J. Geils Band, which include his keyboardist brother Seth) as well as “Standing In The Shadows of Motown,” which is one of the truly great music documentaries IMO...Justman also made this famous video of course.

No comments: