Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Wednesday Stuff


Farron Cousins tells us that “Tuckums” talked trash about his own network’s web site here, which could have been yet another reason why the gaggle of liars and sycophants that he used to belong to decided to give him the heave-ho... and yeah, I agree with Cousins a bit here, and he’s right about climate change unfortunately, and the blogger stuff too...



...and it looks like Carlson got to say goodbye after all – heh (from Stephen Colbert...I have to be a bit of a grinch, though, and point out that all of this coverage of The Swanson TV Dinner Heir has taken away from the other infinitely more important stories facing us, notably the pending default on our debt, the climate of course, the battle over women’s health care, Russia/Ukraine, and on and on)...



...and sticking a bit with Carlson’s former network, Kyle Kulinski tells us about that nematode Stuart Varney and his fellow clown Sean (“Democrat Party”) Duffy and some back-and-forth on a Fix Noise poll that DEFINITELY trends against their narrative (especially on guns), so of course Varney tries to blow it off – I have to admit that Kyle has gotten a little better lately with his “takes” IMO...



...and Jesse Dollemore brings us this U.S. House brainiac James Comer running his maw about “oh, Hunter Biden this, Biden crime family that!!,” and he’s so stoo-pid about it that he’s even getting push-back from this news mannequin at The Roger Ailes BS Factory...



...and John I., Wosny Lambre and David Doel (interesting combo) talk about Flori-DUUH! guv Ron #DeathSantis and his GITMO experience, basically laughing while inmates were force-fed as noted here (and too late to go after Rummy on torture, BTW)...and I agree that the Gropenfuhrer would definitely own GITMO torture if he could (”I oversaw the best torture – many people are saying this.”)...



...and Alonzo Bodden of Rebel HQ tells us about these Minnesota Repugs who oppose legalization of pot for recreational use...OK, full disclosure once more; I don’t favor legalization for recreational use either for personal reasons (I’m open to persuasion though), but if states/commonwealths/municipalities vote for it, then they should have it, and I’m on board with everything else...removing pot as a Schedule 1 drug, federally decriminalizing pot offenses, allowing dispensaries to transact like regular businesses (ridiculous that they currently can’t), prescribing Marinol in hospitals/dispensaries, etc...I personally think the THC content should also be regulated, and I think only Maine and Michigan do that as noted here...I’m highlighting this clip because I have to admit that the anti-pot arguments are so ridiculous – if you oppose it, you can make more constructive points, as opposed to this “8-foot plant” and “2 ounces equals 3 joints” nonsense (more here and here)...



...and there was a time when I would partake in “the leaf,” I have to admit (and if you think I’m a hypocrite, well, all I can say is that being a parent changes your perspective on a lot of things), and one of my “go to” artists to listen to whilst in a mellow mood was Gordon Lightfoot...yet another icon of days gone by has now departed, though he’s left behind the gift of his art for future generations to embrace and appreciate.



No comments: