Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Tuesday Stuff


Farron Cousins tells us all about Marjorie Trailer Park Greene doing the thing she does best (worst?) after the latest mass gun slaughter in this country, this time in AllenTX, and that is to blame EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE for the attack except GUNS!! And yes, I realize that’s completely predictable given the approximately $30K she has received in “independent” NRA contributions as noted here...



...and David Doel brings us more here, including the comments of first responder Stephen Spainhouer (more here)...and when it comes to thoroughly bought-and-paid-for Texas Repug guv Greg Abbott and mental health, I think we should be mindful of this... and after I read this, I wanted to vomit in my mouth...



...and Lawrence O’Donnell tells us about his own personal battle to find restraint in reporting these stories of mass murder, tying this to Pete Hamill’s account of the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy (mildly NSFW/H...kudos to O’Donnell for showing some humanity...more here)...



Update 5/15/23: Shot (no pun intended) and chaser.

...and turning to another raging controversy in this country (quite rightly so), I have to admit that I’m a little behind on the story of the killing of Jordan Neely on an NYC subway and the automatic wingnut praise of the person who took Neely’s life – my bad – but of course we can rely on the Foxies to come up with exactly the wrong take (John and Brett Erlich...so much that’s wrong with Jesse Watters’ commentary in particular, but the implied chauvinism is typical for The Roger Ailes BS Factory where Watters says in essence “oh, women were scared, and they were happy that a guy stepped in and did something about this”...as if Watters has a freaking clue about that and was being honest in any way at all...and one more, for what I guess is the 150th time, allow me to point out that police funding was included in Biden’s American Rescue Plan in response to COVID, but every Repug voted No, so you tell me who wants to “defund” the freaking cops and who doesn’t...more here)...



...and Thom Hartmann (who I linked to above) tells us about Presidents Who Were Traitors (Nixon, Reagan, Dubya and Trump...Thom mentions Anna Chennault scuttling the Paris peace talks in ’68 for Tricky Dick...I think Thom means the first elected president after Nixon was Reagan, since Gerald Ford was appointed of course and inherited the job when Nixon resigned...GREAT job of “connecting the dots,” though I wouldn’t necessarily lump in GHWB...he won with the Willie Horton ad, that ridiculous image of Dukakis in the tank, Bernard Shaw’s “What would you do if Kitty Dukakis was raped and murdered?” gotcha question in one of the debates, and stuff like that....I know this stuff is repetitive, but I'll keep coming back to it particularly since the other side has no problem at all doing that for stuff against us that are lies; why should I be reticient about doing that when the info is true?)...



...and on this day in 1973, Mick Jagger donated about $150,000 to the $350,000 raised by the Rolling Stones’ January benefit concert to aid the victims of the earthquake in Nicaragua...here is a commemorative tune from that era.

No comments: