Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Stuff


This is probably the longest Second Thought video I’ve seen yet, but it tells the story of the East Palestine, OH Norfolk Southern disaster better than anything I’ve seen to date...really getting into the back story as usual, this time about safety concerns barely getting addressed under Obama, wiped out under Mango Mussolini, and getting essentially ignored once again under Biden/Buttigieg...“when profit is the only thing that matters, safety is an unnecessary luxury” indeed, and he’s absolutely right about nationalizing the railroads...something I always wondered about was why, in 2010 when the “Tea Party” insanity took over Congress, one of the first things they did was to go after environmental regulations (targeting the EPA specifically), and as it turns out, that was right smack dab in the middle of the ’08-’14 period when train derailments started to increase by leaps and bounds...of course, that was also pretty big on the Koch Brothers wish list at that time...



...and Thom Hartmann talks about standing up to fascist bullies, and I think you can safely consider Norfolk Southern to be one of that bunch...I’m a little surprised to hear Thom imply that Dubya WASN’T a “bully,” especially since I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten the story of Don Siegelman (here), though to be fair, I guess Karl Rove and Alberto Gonzales were more to blame for that, to say nothing of Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame...



...and to take the whole “bully” thing a little further, I guess you can say that about this Lorna Roxanne Green lunatic who was arrested in Casper, Wyoming for (allegedly) attempting to set fire to the only abortion clinic in the state (John and Jessica Burbank provide commentary)...



...and as Thom says, the NRA is pretty high on the list of bullies, and kudos to Dem U.S. House Rep Max Frost for taking them on (Frost being one of the ever-shrinking number of federal government Democrats from Flori-DUUH!)...Max Burns of Rebel HQ tells us about it (more here and here)...



...and to try and lighten things up a bit, I thought I’d present this, which I thought was a clever bit of comedy from The Daily Show, though “Tuckums” can be unintentionally hilarious all by himself I know...



...and somehow I neglected to mention the passing of unheralded R&B singer Chuck Jackson last month, so please allow me to make amends for that now (Elvis, among others, covered this tune).

No comments: